Website and SEO
Not sure how to maximise benefit your business website to help increase visibility and sales?
About this Event
Registration: 9:00 am (if you haven’t registered on BGP yet)
Start Time: 9:30 am
This Website and SEO workshop is for any business that has a website or is planning on having a website. A website is, for many businesses, the single most important element of any marketing strategy. It is the place where the company’s brand messages, content, and products or services can most consistently be delivered to customers and prospects. However, many businesses are not sure whether they are maximising their current site and find that there is a lot of conflicting information about the best way to set up a website, what they need to ensure is in place, and in particular how to optimise their site for search engines.
The session concentrates on websites and SEO as part of an overall strategy – how it integrates with content strategy, social media and paid for search.
The session is based on real world experience, and each attendee will review their own site and develop a plan specific to them to improve their rankings.
- What is the point of a website, what are the key features and elements?
- What you need to do about Security, Data Protection, WCAG compliance, backing up and site speed.
- What are the most popular CMS systems, and which should you use?
- What to look for in a web developer.
- What is the ideal website structure, what works and what doesn’t?
- How to understand the core features of Google Analytics.
- What are the key codes you need to add to your site?
- What is SEO and why does it matter?
- How to measure your SEO performance.
- What are the elements of the Google algorithm?
- What you need to do to crawl up the Google rankings.
- How to implement a content strategy and what to do.
- Using social media to maximise your SEO.
- What to do next and how to integrate this into your marketing plan?
Introduction to Workshop Delivery Partner
Martin Corlett-Moss has worked in marketing for the past 29 years across every function, from product and pricing to traditional advertising, digital media and strategy. Through his career he has worked at a senior level for, and with, some of the most amazing brands in the UK from Mercedes and Volvo through to Harper Collins, Lloyds TSB and Bentley. For the last 6 years Martin has run a highly successful marketing agency working extensively with start-ups and small to medium enterprises, helping them to get the best out of their marketing. Helping them to spend less and get better results. Martin is an experienced trainer and mentor and is known for delivering valuable, real world information, showing what can – and indeed should – be done in the ever-changing world of marketing.
These workshops are for beneficiaries of the Cheshire & Warrington Business Growth Programme which provides 12 hours of fully-funded support through our workshops – if you are not yet registered on the programme you can still register for a workshop ticket and you will be contacted by our team to check your eligibility. For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01244 512 655. Please also contact us if the event is fully-booked and you’d like to be added to the waitlist.
To be eligible to apply for support from the ERDF-funded Cheshire & Warrington Business Growth Programme you must be:
- Small – your new business must be an SME. An SME has under 250 staff, turnover of £45 million and any ownership by a wider commercial group is below 25%. You may also be a pre-start business.
- Local – your business address (registered or trading) is within the Cheshire East, the Cheshire West and Chester, or the Warrington council areas.
Do I need to bring or prepare anything for the workshop?
All you need to bring is yourself, a pen, notebook and a willingness to learn. We will ask for some details about your business upon registration to the workshop – this will help us in tailoring content to your needs.
Light refreshments (tea, coffee, water, biscuits) will be provided throughout the workshop.
A light lunch will be provided.
There will be Free parking available at the Warrington campus. Further details will be provided via email once your register.