Starter programme: Three workshops to help you set up a business
A business support programme to help you explore your business idea, set up your business and grow!
Our starter programme takes place over three workshops and during this time, you’ll develop a business model specifically for your idea.
Group size for this programme tends to be between 12 and 20 people. It’s run by Manchester Metropolitan University.
Who is the programme for?
- People who have an idea for a business but haven’t yet taken the plunge
- Brand new business owners who set up under 12 months ago and need a little help
If you meet the eligibility criteria listed below, there isn’t a cost for our business support. This is because the Cheshire and Warrington Business Growth Programme is fully funded by the European Union European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
The programme is fully funded for eligible companies that:
- are based in Cheshire and Warrington
- are pre-start (i.e. those wishing to start a business), new start-ups or SMEs
- have potential to grow
What will you learn?
By the end of the third workshop, we’ll have covered:
- The importance of goal setting so that you don’t get blown off course
- How to build the systems that you need to grow a viable business
- Understanding what your value proposition is to your customer
- The best way to market your business
- How to be comfortable in sales situations
- Financial management systems that you need to have in place
- How to use the Business Model Canvas to build a business model
When does it start?
Our next programme dates are:
- Monday 18 May
- Tuesday 19 May
- Tuesday 23 June
You’ll typically need to attend all three workshops.
If you can’t make these three workshops, please do get in touch and we’ll let you know when the next sessions are running. You can speak with the team at Manchester Met on 0161 247 6659 or via email at email@example.com
How do I book onto this programme?
You need to be registered with the Cheshire and Warrington Business Growth Programme to attend this programme, so please call the team at Manchester Met on 0161 247 6659 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The team will go through the programme details with you and check that you’re eligible to attend.