University of Chester Business Growth Club
The University of Chester invites you to the launch of our brand new Business Growth Club.
About this Event
The University of Chester’s Business Growth Club will provide local businesses and entrepreneurs the opportunity to network, hear updates from peers and find out about available business support from the University and other local organisations.
The Business Growth Club events will take place every two months, alternating between Chester and Warrington with interesting new speakers and content.
In order to register for this Business Growth Club event you must be receiving business support from the University of Chester e.g. through the Cheshire and Warrington Business Growth Programme or similar.
Suppliers/Providers are able to attend on an invitation only basis.
8.30am Registration and networking
9.00am Introduction to the Riverside Innovation Centre (Jo Vernon, Centre Manager) and Welcome to the Business Growth Club (Louise Wood, Head of Commercial Communications and Marketing)
9.10am Business support available at the UoC:
• Employer Engagement (Adam Crane, Employer Engagement Co-ordinator)
• Knowledge Transfer and Innovation (Marie-Anne O-Neil, Deputy Head of RKTO Department)
• Commercial Space and Funded Projects (Paul Vernon, Executive Director of Commercial Operations)
9.30am Workshop tasters and learning points
• Entrepreneurial mind-set (Kathryn Eade, Up+thrive)
• Effective pitching (Mark Bosworth, Bosworth Consulting)
• Social media marketing (Simon Calderbank, Ruby Star Associates)
9.55am Round table discussions (led by UoC team)
• Thinking about your own business and how the previous learning points might be relevant to you.
10.25am Closing remarks (Martin Morlidge, Deputy Director of Commercial Operations), continued networking and RIC tours.
• RIC tours will take place in small groups at 10.30am, 10.45am and 11am.
11.00am End of event
*Refreshments will be provided
Unfortunately we cannot offer event parking at the Riverside Innovation Centre, however there is paid parking available a short walk away at the Little Roodee car park. If you need a disabled parking space please let us know.