Marketing Strategy for Business
Stuck with your business marketing?
About this Event
This workshop is for any business that wants to understand how to get the best out of their marketing budgets, resources and activities. Marketing is at the core of every business, and an understanding of the key principles will help every business to maximise their opportunities and minimise their risks.
Many people simply start implementing tactics without considering their overall strategy and as a result they can waste time and money pushing their marketing in the wrong direction. A well-developed marketing strategy will direct your activity and focus your efforts.
In this session we discuss the key principles of marketing in a real world, straightforward way that is designed for small to medium businesses. We will focus down on what matters, what you absolutely need to do, and how long to spend doing it. The importance of brand, product and company lifecycle, your customers and how to measure success.
We will apply a practical model for marketing that has been proven and tested across hundreds of companies which is easy to understand and implement in their specific segment. A model which will allow attendees to review what they are doing and refresh their activity.
The session is based on real world experience with businesses and avoids getting bogged down in unnecessary theory and navel gazing. The session is practical, applicable and understandable, allowing businesses to apply the principles straight away.
- What is marketing, what purpose does it serve and what does it cover?
- Traditional marketing – the core principles.
- How does your Product and Brand lifecycle impact on your strategy?
- What is your brand and how does it impact on your strategy?
- What links your customers and how should that impact your strategy?
- What practical, simple model of marketing can we apply to our business?
- What do we need to measure and what are the key principles and practices?
- Practical applications: creating a simple marketing strategy that attendees can develop and implement straight away.
Introduction to your Workshop Provider
Martin Corlett-Moss, Director of MCM2, has worked in marketing for the past 29 years across every function, from product and pricing to traditional advertising, digital media and strategy. Through his career he has worked at a senior level for, and with, some of the most amazing brands in the UK from Mercedes and Volvo through to Harper Collins, Lloyds TSB and Bentley. For the last 6 years Martin has run a highly successful marketing agency working extensively with start-ups and small to medium enterprises, helping them to get the best out of their marketing. Helping them to spend less and get better results. Martin is an experienced trainer and mentor and is known for delivering valuable, real world information, showing what can – and indeed should – be done in the ever-changing world of marketing.
These workshops are for beneficiaries of the Cheshire & Warrington Business Growth Programme – if you are not yet registered to the fully-funded programme you can still register for a ticket and you will be contacted by our team to check your eligibility. For any queries please email email@example.com or call 01244 512 655. Please also contact us if the event is fully-booked and you’d like to be added to the waitlist.
To be eligible to apply for support from the ERDF-funded Cheshire & Warrington Business Growth Programme you must be:
- Small – your new business must be an SME. An SME has under 250 staff, turnover of £45 million and any ownership by a wider commercial group is below 25%. You may also be a pre-start business.
- Local – your business address (registered or trading) is within the Cheshire East, the Cheshire West and Chester, or the Warrington council areas.
Do I need to bring or prepare anything for the workshop?
All you need to bring is yourself, a pen, notebook and a willingness to learn. We will ask for some details about your business upon registration to the workshop – this will help us in tailoring content to your needs.
Light refreshments (tea, coffee, water, biscuits) will be provided throughout the workshop.
There will be parking available at the Warrington campus.