Growth programme: Workshops to help you grow your small business
Have you been trading for over 12 months? Are you struggling to grow your business? Are you wondering what is holding back your business growth?
This 12-session programme aims to support business owners who have set up a new business, worked hard to stabilise it, and are now looking for ways to grow.
The programme uses a cohort-based model to help entrepreneurs build a support system around them of people who are also business owners and understand the pressures and strains that it brings.
As part of this programme, you’ll attend a series of workshops and growth groups. At the growth groups, you’ll bring along a real-world problem your business is facing and your group will support you to find solutions that you can action.
The sessions are spread out to give you time to embed the things you’ve learnt – and because we understand that, as the boss, taking a whole week out of the office in one go isn’t sustainable for your business!
Group size for this programme tends to be between 10 and 20 people. It’s run by Manchester Metropolitan University.
Who is the programme for?
- Business owners who have been trading for over 12 months, are struggling to grow their companies and are feeling stuck
If you meet the eligibility criteria listed below, there isn’t a cost for our business support. This is because the Cheshire and Warrington Business Growth Programme is fully funded by the European Union European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
The programme is fully funded for eligible companies that:
- are based in Cheshire and Warrington
- are small- to medium-size enterprises (less than 249 employees)
- have potential to grow
What will you learn?
By the end of the three months, we’ll have covered:
- How to build systems that can grow with your business
- The value proposition of your business
- Marketing your business
- Entrepreneurial mindset and leadership
- Financial management
- Business Model Canvas (a flexible business model creation tool that you will take away with you and adapt as your business grows. It breaks down your business into nine easily understandable parts that show you which aspects need immediate attention.)
You’ll return for a Reflection Day one month after the last workshop. This is to reflect on how your business has changed over the weeks, reconnect with your group, and to work through any new issues that have arisen.
When does it start?
Our autumn 2020 programme dates are:
- Tuesday 22 September: Foundation Day
- Tuesday 6 October: Workshop One: Value Proposition and Growth Group One
- Tuesday 20 October: Workshop Two: Finance and Growth Group Two
- Tuesday 3 November: Workshop Three: Motivation and Leadership and Growth Group Three
- Tuesday 17 November: Workshop Four: Marketing and Growth Group Four
- Tuesday 1 December: Workshop Five: Business Model Canvas and Reflection
- Tuesday 12 January 2021: Reflection Day
You’ll typically need to attend all sessions.
If you can’t make these dates, please do get in touch and we’ll let you know when the next sessions are running. You can speak with the team at Manchester Met on 0161 247 6659 or via email at email@example.com
How do I book onto this programme?
You need to be registered with the Cheshire and Warrington Business Growth Programme to attend this programme, so please call the team at Manchester Met on 0161 247 6659 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The team will go through the programme details with you and check that you’re eligible to attend.