Workshop: Website & SEO- 7th October 2020
Workshop: Website & SEO
This workshop will take place on Wednesday 7th October 2020 from 09:30 – 12:30.
This workshop is aimed at helping businesses develop an effective approach to search engine optimisation, (SEO), Google in particular. Providing an overview of the importance of SEO as a key element of online success and sharing tried and tested methodology to help lay the foundations of an effective SEO strategy.
Attendees are required to have an existing website but no technical knowledge is needed. This course will not cover how to set up a website.
Areas covered in the workshop include:
- Overview of what SEO is and isn’t
- Key factors in improving visibility
- The basics of effectively optimising a website
- The increasing importance of local search
- Introduction to content marketing
The workshop will be informal and interactive with questions encouraged throughout. By the end of the session you will have a clear understanding of what is required to improve the visibility of your website.
Introduction to Workshop Delivery Partner
This workshop is being delivered by Ian Maguire from Displace Digital, based at the Riverside Innovation Centre in Chester. Ian has over twenty years’ experience in helping businesses make the most of the opportunities the digital environment presents. From global multinationals, premier league football clubs and high street household names to small businesses and start-ups, Ian has helped them find a way to succeed online.
For more information please connect on Linkedin.
Who can attend?
You need to be registered, or be eligible to register, on the ERDF Funded Cheshire & Warrington Business Growth Programme Cheshire and Warrington Business Growth Programme. To be eligible you must be:
- Small – your business must be an SME. An SME has under 250 staff, turnover of £45 million and any ownership by a wider commercial group is below 25%. You may also be a pre-start business.
- Local – your business address (registered or trading) or home address is within the Cheshire East, the Cheshire West and Chester, or the Warrington council areas.
- Able to commit to receiving 12 hours of support through our workshops and 1:1s before September 2021, and must not have achieved over 18 hours of support already.
- For this specific workshop you will need to have an existing business website.
Please contact us to discuss the support if you’re unsure email@example.com, 01244 512 655.
How to join the workshop
Once you have registered your interest through Eventbrite, a member of the team will be in contact to confirm your eligibility and place on the workshop. You will then be provided with a link to join the sessions via Zoom. If you have not used Zoom before, try downloading and testing it out beforehand. Here is a link to some tutorials if you struggle or you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photographs and/or recording will take place throughout the events advertised above. The images will be used for publicity or other purposes to help achieve the UoC ERDF Funded C&W Business Growth Programme aims. This might include (but is not limited to), use in their printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and funding applications. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed, please speak to a member of the Business Growth Programme Team when you join the event.