Workshop: How to Effectively Use Instagram for Business- Tue 23rd-Fri 26th June
The Cheshire and Warrington Business Growth Programme is hosting a variety of online workshops, delivered by our expert Delivery Partners. You must be an eligible SME registered on the programme to attend, please check eligibility criteria below, or contact us if you want to discuss.
How to Effectively Use Instagram for Business
This workshop will be delivered from 9.30am-10.30am over 4 days: Tuesday 23rd June, Wednesday 24th June, Thursday 25th June, Friday 26th June. You must be able to attend all 4 sessions.
Becs Bate (Social Media Executive) will be hosting this practical workshop, showing attendees how to use Instagram to attract new business and/or increase brand awareness. It is aimed at companies that sell visual services or products to the consumer and who have an existing Instagram page but aren’t really sure how to use it effectively for business.
The areas the workshop will cover include:
- An overview of how Instagram works for business
- Defining your target audience
- Reviewing your Instagram page to appeal to your potential customers
- How to rank high in the searches
- Developing your own hashtag strategy, using various tools available to help you find the right hashtags
- How to increase engagement and grow your followers in your target market
- The type of content to post to maximise engagement
- Converting your page into a business account and understanding the analytics to improve your performance
Throughout the workshop, we’ll be adapting your page to appeal to your target client group and showing you how to grow followers that are potential customers.
By the end of the week you will have an updated Instagram page that will appeal to your ideal client and a clear understanding of how to increase your visibility with potential customers through content and engagement.
This workshop is being delivered by Becs Bate (Social Media Executive), based in Warrington. Before launching Social Media Executive, Becs worked for Nomad Games, increasing their Social Media community from 400 to over 20,000 in the space of three years. Becs loves showing companies how to get business from Social Media, and teaching you all how to do it in the right way! She follows all the latest trends in Social Media as well as the regular algorithm changes so you don’t have to.
Find out how she can support you with your Social Media further via the links below.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the C&W Business Growth Programme team if you’re not sure whether this workshop is suitable for your business firstname.lastname@example.org
Introduction to Workshop Delivery Partner
This workshop is being delivered by Becs Bate (Social Media Executive), based in Warrington. Hosted by the University of Chester
Who can attend?
You need to be registered, or be eligible to register, on the ERDF-funded Cheshire and Warrington Business Growth Programme. To be eligible you must be:
- Small – your business must be an SME. An SME has under 250 staff, turnover of £45 million and any ownership by a wider commercial group is below 25%. You may also be a pre-start business.
- Local – your business address (registered or trading) or home address is within the Cheshire East, the Cheshire West and Chester, or the Warrington council areas.
- Able to commit to receiving 12 hours of support through our workshops and 121s before the end of 2020.
Please contact us to discuss the support if you’re unsure email@example.com, 01244 512 655.
Do I need to prepare?
How to join the online workshop
Once you have registered on Eventbrite you should receive an automatic email inviting you to a Zoom session, let us know if you do not receive this within an hour of signing up. If you have not used Zoom before, try downloading and testing it out beforehand. Here is a link to some tutorials if you struggle or you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photographs and/or recordings will take place throughout the events advertised above. The images will be used for publicity or other purposes to help achieve the UoC ERDF-Funded C&W Business Growth Programme aims. This might include (but is not limited to), use in their printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and funding applications. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed, please speak to a member of the C&W Business Growth Programme team when you join the event.