Sustainable Growth Bootcamp: Big Impact, Small Footprint – Tue, 20 Apr 2021 – Thu, 6 May 2021
About this Event
The Cheshire and Warrington Business Growth Programme is hosting a variety of fully-funded online workshops and bootcamps, delivered by our expert Delivery Partners. You must be an eligible SME registered on the programme to attend. Please check eligibility criteria below, or contact us if you want to discuss.
Sustainable Growth Bootcamp: Big Impact, Small Footprint
This bootcamp will take place over the course of April/May, split into six 2-hour sessions on the following Tuesdays & Thursdays (20th, 22nd, 27th, 29th April & 4th, 6th May ) 14:00 – 16:00. Attendees must be able to attend all six of the sessions to be eligible.
It’s time for businesses to be thinking differently. The uncertainty and challenges of 2020 have brought to the fore the need for increased business resilience, innovation, environmental and social impact. As a small business you may think that there is very little you can do to support a move towards a greener, more ethical and equal society and economy. The truth is that you are in a position of influence (you have customers, suppliers, partners, networks) and what you do alongside other small businesses could have a huge positive impact locally, nationally and globally.
Designed for businesses or entrepreneurs who are keen to grow their business in a way which minimises negative environmental impact and maximises positive social and economic impact. Suitable for pre-starts and trading businesses across all sectors.
Split into six manageable 2-hour workshops, you will have the chance to review, plan and action what you have learnt between sessions allowing you to really monitor your progress alongside a group of peers.
Attendees leave this workshop with a deeper understanding of the opportunities and challenges of truly sustainable growth, and a plan for how they want to include sustainability (in all its forms) as part of their future strategy planning and operational management.
The bootcamp will cover the following:
- An introduction to triple bottom line accounting
- Carbon footprint – the basics, how can you measure, how can you reduce (and how to be more efficient), carbon credits and offsetting
- Accessing support and resources
- Cost implications of improved sustainability (where can you reduce cost, where should you invest)
- Social and economic impact – how to measure, how to improve and how communicate
- Building sustainability into your value proposition and as part of your employee engagement
- Reporting for sustainability, impact, reporting and transparency
- Your commitments and what that means for your supply chain, customers and team
- Impact reporting
Introduction to Workshop Delivery Partner
Introduction to the Delivery Partner
Ruby Star Associates help businesses, social enterprises and charities of all shapes and sizes grow, build accountable teams, generate more income, and innovate. We help leaders free up their time, surround themselves with brilliance and focus on the stuff that really matters. We are all about enterprise, entrepreneurship and making a massive difference.
Who can attend?
You need to be registered, or be eligible to register, on the ERDF-funded Cheshire and Warrington Business Growth Programme. To be eligible you must be:
- Small – your business must be a registered SME. An SME has under 250 staff, turnover of £45 million and any ownership by a wider commercial group is below 25%.
- Local – your business address (registered or trading) is within the Cheshire East, the Cheshire West and Chester, or the Warrington council areas.
- Able to commit to receiving 12 hours of support through our workshops and 1:1s before September 2021, and must not have achieved over 6 hours of support already.
- Open to pre-starts and trading businesses. You must be able to attend all 6 sessions.
Please contact us to discuss the support if you’re unsure at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01244 512 655.
How to join the workshop
Once you have registered your interest through Eventbrite, a member of the team will be in contact to confirm your eligibility and place on the workshop. You will then be provided with a link to join the sessions via Zoom. If you have not used Zoom before, try downloading and testing it out beforehand. Here is a link to some tutorials if you struggle or you can email us email@example.com.