Start-Up Bootcamp: Grow, Thrive, Survive Tue, 29 Jun 2021, 14:00 – Wed, 21 Jul 2021, 16:00
About this Event
The Cheshire and Warrington Business Growth Programme is hosting a variety of fully-funded online workshops and bootcamps, delivered by our expert Delivery Partners. You must be an eligible SME registered on the programme to attend. Please check eligibility criteria below, or contact us if you want to discus
Start-Up Bootcamp: Grow, Thrive, Survive
This bootcamp will take place over the course of June & July, split into eight 2-hour sessions (29th June and 1st, 6th, 8th, 13th, 15th, 20th, 21st July) 14:00 – 16:00. Attendees must be able to attend at least six of the sessions to be eligible.
Designed for pre-starts, SMEs and sole traders new to business (trading less than 12 months), the Start-Up Bootcamp provides an opportunity for entrepreneurs and pre-starts to focus on developing a viable, successful and sustainable business.
The bootcamp is also suitable for trading SMEs and sole traders needing to take the time out to reframe strategy and reinvent their business model or launch new products/services, ready to align with the new post-lockdown world.
Split into manageable 2-hour workshops spread over a month, you will have the chance to review, plan and action what you have learnt between sessions allowing you to really monitor your progress alongside a group of peers. After the month, you will feel confident that you have the tools to ensure your business is on track to commercial success.
The sessions will be very interactive and participants will be encouraged to engage and share with one another. They will cover the following (subject to slight changes to meet the needs of the group):
Week One (Tuesday 29th June & Thursday 1st July)
- Session 1 – Mindset & resilience.
- Session 2 – Lean start-up modelling for those thinking of starting a business, launching a new product or who may wish to start a spin off business.
Week Two (Tuesday 6th July & Thursday 8th July)
- Session 3 – Finance and funding, the basics.
- Session 4 – Reviewing, developing and testing your value proposition.
Week Three (Tuesday 13th July & Thursday 15th July)
- Session 5 – Experiment design/hypothesis and live testing.
- Session 6 – Developing your pitch.
Week Four (Tuesday 20th July & Wednesday 21st July )
- Session 7 – Marketing on a shoestring.
- Session 8 – Accountability, moving forward and creation of your two-week boost plan.
Introduction to Workshop Delivery Partner
Introduction to the Delivery Partner
Ruby Star Associates help businesses, social enterprises and charities of all shapes and sizes grow, build accountable teams, generate more income, and innovate. We help leaders free up their time, surround themselves with brilliance and focus on the stuff that really matters. We are all about enterprise, entrepreneurship and making a massive difference.
Simon Calderbank, the Ruby Star Associate delivering this bootcamp, is an expert in behavioural psychology, elite performance development and developing growth mind-set. He is an experienced facilitator, trainer and coach and has great experience and knowledge in helping people and their start-up businesses, given he runs his own! He also helped develop and delivered our inaugural online Business Bootcamp in May and another in November 2020, to great acclaim from both delegates and business coaches.
Who can attend?
You need to be registered, or be eligible to register, on the ERDF-funded Cheshire and Warrington Business Growth Programme. To be eligible you must be:
- Small – your business must be an SME. An SME has under 250 staff, turnover of £45 million and any ownership by a wider commercial group is below 25%. You may also be a pre-start business.
- Local – your business address (registered or trading) or home address is within the Cheshire East, the Cheshire West and Chester, or the Warrington council areas.
- Able to commit to receiving 12 hours of support through our workshops and 1:1s before September 2021, and must not have achieved over 6 hours of support already.
- For this bootcamp you must be new to business or facing significant need to change or adapt your business. You must be able to attend at least 6 out of the 8 sessions.
You need to be registered, or be eligible to register, on the ERDF-funded Cheshire and Warrington Business Growth Programme and have received less than 6 hours of support already. To be eligible you must be:
Please contact us to discuss the support if you’re unsure firstname.lastname@example.org, 01244 512 655.
How to join the workshop
How to join the workshop
Once you have registered your interest through Eventbrite, a member of the team will be in contact to confirm your eligibility and place on the workshop. You will then be provided with a link to join the sessions via Zoom. If you have not used Zoom before, try downloading and testing it out beforehand. Here is a link to some tutorials if you struggle or you can email us email@example.com.
Photographs and/or recording will take place throughout the events advertised above. The images will be used for publicity or other purposes to help achieve the UoC ERDF Funded C&W Business Growth Programme aims. This might include (but is not limited to), use in their printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and funding applications. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed, please speak to a member of the Business Growth Programme Team when you join the event.