Scale-Up Bootcamp: Grow, Thrive, Survive- Tue, 12 Jan – Thu, 4 Feb 2021
About this Event
The Cheshire and Warrington Business Growth Programme is hosting a variety of fully-funded online workshops and bootcamps, delivered by our expert Delivery Partners. You must be an eligible SME registered on the programme to attend. Please check eligibility criteria below, or contact us if you want to discuss.
Business Bootcamp: Scale-Up
This bootcamp will take place over the course of January/February, split into eight 2-hour sessions (12th, 14th, 19th, 21st, 26th, 28th January and 2nd, 4th February) 09:30 – 11:30. Attendees must be able to attend at least six of the sessions to be eligible.
You have launched your business and been operating it in the same way for years. It has been successful but it is now time to take it to the next level. Business is changing, it’s the start of a positive new year and it’s a fantastic time to focus on your business, making it work for you instead of simply working for it.
This bootcamp is designed to really boost your business growth, increase profit and allow you to reflect and consider the best possible approach and strategy to deliver your vision for your business. These sessions will help you to identify and avoid some of the common pitfalls associated with business growth.
Designed for Cheshire business owners, entrepreneurs and senior leaders across all sectors, trading for more than 2 years and with ambitious growth plans.
Split into manageable twice-weekly 2-hour workshops spread over a month, you will have the chance to review, plan and action what you have learnt between sessions allowing you to really monitor your progress alongside a group of peers.
Attendees will leave this course with a clear understanding of their business risks, barriers to growth and growth potential and with ideas and plans to tackle each. They’ll have developed a deeper understanding of themselves as a leader and entrepreneur and begun to work on the key transitions needed in their organisation to scale-up sustainably.
The bootcamp will cover the following:
- Business growth strategy
- Sales pipeline, funnels and psychology
- Considering investment, and other options for funding growth
- Preparing for change and uncertainty and overcoming barriers to growth
- Business model/plan review and refresh
- Mastering value proposition
- Brand values
- Streamlining and updating business operations utilising new tech and resources
- Successful leadership
- Motivating your team and increasing productivity
- Marketing strategy
- Growth mindset and resilience
- Developing your investment or sales pitch
- Considering whether you need an exit plan
- Understanding yourself as a leader and entrepreneur
- How to lead a changing business
- Avoiding “the founder issue”
Introduction to Workshop Delivery Partner
Ruby Star Associates help businesses, social enterprises and charities of all shapes and sizes grow, build accountable teams, generate more income, and innovate. We help leaders free up their time, surround themselves with brilliance and focus on the stuff that really matters. We are all about enterprise, entrepreneurship and making a massive difference.
Who can attend?
Who can attend?
You need to be registered, or be eligible to register, on the ERDF-funded Cheshire and Warrington Business Growth Programme and have received less than 6 hours of support already. To be eligible you must be:
- Small – your business must be an SME. An SME has under 250 staff, turnover of £45 million and any ownership by a wider commercial group is below 25%. You may also be a pre-start business.
- Local – your business address (registered or trading) or home address is within the Cheshire East, the Cheshire West and Chester, or the Warrington council areas.
- Able to commit to receiving 12 hours of support through our workshops and 1:1s before September 2021, and must not have achieved over 6 hours of support already.
- For this bootcamp you must be new to business or facing significant need to change or adapt your business. You must be able to attend at least 6 out of the 8 sessions.
Please contact us to discuss the support if you’re unsure email@example.com, 01244 512 655.
How to join the workshop
How to join the workshop
Once you have registered your interest through Eventbrite, a member of the team will be in contact to confirm your eligibility and place on the workshop. You will then be provided with a link to join the sessions via Zoom. If you have not used Zoom before, try downloading and testing it out beforehand. Here is a link to some tutorials if you struggle or you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photographs and/or recording will take place throughout the events advertised above. The images will be used for publicity or other purposes to help achieve the UoC ERDF Funded C&W Business Growth Programme aims. This might include (but is not limited to), use in their printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and funding applications. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed, please speak to a member of the Business Growth Programme Team when you join the event.