Coronavirus Finance: Are Bounce Back Loans and CBILs Right For Women in Business?- Thursday 21st May
Traditionally, women-led businesses have been cautious about borrowing, and with some good reasons. Yet, many businesses desperately need investment to cope with the Covid19 pandemic and to invest in innovation. Join this seminar to hear from three experts and contribute to debate.
Rebecca Durrant is Tax Partner at Crowe UK, Julia Rouse is a Professor of Entrepreneurship who specialises in women’s enterprise and Professor Mark Jarvis is former Group CFO at EY and Visiting Professor in Accounting, Finance and Banking. In this seminar they will support women small business owners to navigate the financial options available and help inform important decision making about whether to take on the Government’s loan-based support for small firms.
Introduction to Workshop Delivery Partner
Department of Accounting, Finance and Banking at Manchester Metropolitan University
Who can attend?
You should be registered on, or interested in receiving business support through, the ERDF-funded Cheshire and Warrington Business Growth Programme. The session is open to all local businesses but we do encourage you to have a chat to us about what the programme can offer you beyond this session. please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I need to prepare?
We’ve already received lots of questions in advance of the briefings and will cover as much as possible during these bitesize sessions. You can expect answers to some of the following questions…
- Why do women business owners tend to borrow less than male-led businesses?
- Is now a good time for women business owners who have traditionally been cautious about borrowing to seriously consider a Bounce Back Loan or CIBL?
- What are Bounce Back Loans and CIBLs?
- What are the consequences for businesses and families if my business can’t repay a loan?
- What is involved in applying for a Bounce Back Loan? How do I maximise my chances?
- Will women-led businesses be taken seriously if they apply?
- Should the Government be offering women-led businesses grants instead of loans?
Send us your questions in advance to email@example.com or post them on LinkedIn and Twitter @HannahHMMU
You may also find our Business and Public Engagement Team SME support video series useful https://mmutube.mmu.ac.uk/playlist/dedicated/1_7kgymix7/1_xh99zjy2