Brand Thinking & Design (Products) 22nd & 23rd July July 2021
About this Event
The Cheshire and Warrington Business Growth Programme is hosting a variety of fully-funded online workshops and bootcamps, delivered by our expert Delivery Partners. You must be an eligible SME registered on the programme to attend. Please check eligibility criteria below, or contact us if you want to discuss
Brand Thinking & Design (Products)
This 4-hour workshop is split over two sessions on 22nd & 23rd July, 9.30am-11.30am. Attendees must be able to attend both sessions.
The workshop is designed for early-stage, product-based businesses, however is also suitable for SMEs reviewing or developing their branding. Sessions will be interactive and participant engagement will be encouraged throughout.
Attendees will leave the workshop with a clear understanding of why building a brand is more valuable than building a business, the role of brand guardian and how to successfully manage your brand and create brand guidelines/stylesheets. You should be able to make a start on your brand story, or review what you currently have through fresh eyes and build upon it. Each attendee will be offered a post-workshop 20-minute phone consultation to scope out next steps with the Delivery Partner, DCP.
The workshop will cover:
- What is a brand and why does it matter? (brand thinking, psychology, brand equity, successful brands)
- How to build your brand and where to start (your purpose, your story, consistency, competition)
- Bringing your brand to life (identity, design, logos, taglines, colours, fonts, tone of voice, personality, brand guidelines)
- The importance of packaging design (consumer psychology and perception, standing out on shelf or online)
- Protecting your brand (trademarking and brand evolution)
Introduction to Workshop Delivery Partner
DCP is a brand and packaging design agency based in Stockport. Hetal Pandit (Managing Director) delivers the branding workshops and has been running DCP for 7 years, servicing a wide range of clients including multinational companies, SMEs and start-ups. Hetal has managed a variety of projects from brand and packaging design to website builds, as well as preparing multilingual packaging designs for those businesses looking to grow in new markets.
Who can attend?
You need to be registered, or be eligible to register, on the ERDF-funded Cheshire and Warrington Business Growth Programme. To be eligible you must be:
- Small – your business must be a registered SME. An SME has under 250 staff, turnover of £45 million and any ownership by a wider commercial group is below 25%.
- Local – your business address (registered or trading) is within the Cheshire East, the Cheshire West and Chester, or the Warrington council areas.
- Able to commit to receiving 12 hours of support through our workshops and 1:1s before June 2023.
- Open to pre-starts and trading businesses.
Please contact us to discuss the support if you’re unsure at email@example.com or 01244 512 655.
How to join the workshop
Once you have registered your interest through Eventbrite, a member of the team will be in contact to confirm your eligibility and place on the workshop. You will then be provided with a link to join the sessions via Zoom. If you have not used Zoom before, try downloading and testing it out beforehand. Here is a link to some tutorials if you struggle or you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photographs and/or recordings will take place throughout the events advertised above. The images might be used for publicity or other purposes to help achieve the C&W Business Growth Programme aims. This might include (but is not limited to), use in printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and funding applications. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed, please speak to a member of the Business Growth Programme Team when you join the event.