Email Marketing Strategy for Business
Want to get the best results and maximise business opportunities available from using emails as a marketing tool?
About this Event
Since the implementation of GDPR, many businesses are confused about to what they can and cannot do. They are not maximising the potential for automated emails from their websites and are not sure how to use email on a regular basis to keep in touch with their customers and prospects.
In this workshop we discuss how to use emails to drive relevant traffic to your website, develop new prospects, and keep in touch with your customers so that when they decide that they want to purchase again they are more likely to do so from you.
The workshop concentrates on Email Marketing as part of your overall strategy – how it integrates with your site and your content strategy, and the key principles behind data driven marketing. We will talk about which systems to use, when to send emails, how frequently, and what actually to put into them.
The session is based on real world experience – tactics that we used every day with businesses to generate tangible business results.
- What is Email Marketing and how does Email Marketing fit into the overall marketing strategy – what purpose does it serve?
- Data driven marketing – what are the key principles of GDPR and how it impacts on Email Marketing.
- Databases – what you need to do and why.
- Which Email Marketing system to use, the core principles of how to use them, and why.
- Measurement and definitions – what to measure, when and how.
- How to design an email and what are the key components?
- What to say in the email, what content to include.
- Practical applications – checklists of what to do day to day.
- Developing an Email Marketing strategy. What emails you should send, when, and why.
Introduction to your Workshop Provider
Martin Corlett-Moss, Director of MCM2, has worked in marketing for the past 29 years across every function, from product and pricing to traditional advertising, digital media and strategy. Through his career he has worked at a senior level for, and with, some of the most amazing brands in the UK from Mercedes and Volvo through to Harper Collins, Lloyds TSB and Bentley. For the last 6 years Martin has run a highly successful marketing agency working extensively with start-ups and small to medium enterprises, helping them to get the best out of their marketing. Helping them to spend less and get better results. Martin is an experienced trainer and mentor and is known for delivering valuable, real world information, showing what can – and indeed should – be done in the ever-changing world of marketing.
These workshops are for beneficiaries of the Cheshire & Warrington Business Growth Programme – if you are not yet registered to the fully-funded programme you can still register for a ticket and you will be contacted by our team to check your eligibility. For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01244 512 655. Please also contact us if the event is fully-booked and you’d like to be added to the waitlist.
To be eligible to apply for support from the ERDF-funded Cheshire & Warrington Business Growth Programme you must be:
- Small – your new business must be an SME. An SME has under 250 staff, turnover of £45 million and any ownership by a wider commercial group is below 25%. You may also be a pre-start business.
- Local – your business address (registered or trading) is within the Cheshire East, the Cheshire West and Chester, or the Warrington council areas.
Do I need to bring or prepare anything for the workshop?
All you need to bring is yourself, a pen, notebook and a willingness to learn. We will ask for some details about your business upon registration to the workshop – this will help us in tailoring content to your needs.
Light refreshments (tea, coffee, water, biscuits) will be provided throughout the workshop.
There will be parking available at the Warrington campus. Further details will be provided via email once your register.