3-Day Business Start-Up Programme
About this Event
Please note that this is a 3-part course and participants must be able to attend all 3 dates to receive maximum benefit. Each day will run from 9.30am until 2pm.
- Monday 20th January 2019 – Hems de Winter, Hems De Winter Consulting
- Monday 27th January 2019 – Kathyrn Eade, Up+thrive
- Monday 3rd February 2019 – Nick Hodson
Registration: 09:00 am (if you haven’t registered on BGP yet)
Start: 09:30 am
The aim of these workshops is to provide would-be entrepreneurs and those in their first 12 months of trading with the tools, clarity and confidence to launch, grow and sustain a respected, successful and rewarding business, and meet their individual aspirations.
- How to move out of your comfort zone: minimise risk and maximise opportunity
- Powered by passion and purpose: creating a value- led business
- Market research – finding out the need / customer profiling / understanding the competition
- Build your USP, VP and brand including how to decide on a name and design do’s and don’ts
- Marketing & PR – messaging, PR and communication channels and creating a website.
- Finance – Understanding P&L, cash flow, forecasting, budget setting and pricing
- The people around you – building a support network, identifying key delivery partners and creating sustainable client relationships
- You, the entrepreneur and developing your performance mindset
- Creating your Business Plan
- Ideas in to action – what now? what next? by when?
Our Delivery Partners are also able to offer additional email mentoring support in between sessions should attendees face any specific challenges or require other guidance or information.
Introduction to Workshop Delivery Partners
Hems de Winter (Hems de Winter Consulting)
Hems has an impressive background in journalism, and is an expert in PR and marketing. 30 years after launching his own multi-award-winning agency, de Winter PR, Hems has now left the agency in good hands to launch ‘Hems de Winter Consulting’ and pursue his passions for mentoring young people and helping business owners create more sustainable and more successful values-led businesses and teams. He is now working with start-ups and established SMEs covering several sectors across the North West.
Kathryn Eade (Up+thrive)
Kathryn is a leading professional in Entrepreneurial Mindset and the Director of Up+thrive. Working as a consultant, trainer and coach she helps business leaders and entrepreneurs to build their business from the inside out, enabling them to avoid overwhelm and achieve sustainable business success.
Nick ran a local healthcare business for over 25 years, taking the family concern from £500k annual turnover in two locations, to over £8m with 7 offices across the North West of England and Wales.
In the last three years he has focused his attention on helping local SME’s to achieve the business success their owner’s ambition deserves, whilst at the same time helping the same owners achieve a balance in their personal lives.
These workshops are for beneficiaries of the Cheshire & Warrington Business Growth Programme which provides 12 hours of fully-funded support through our workshops – if you are not yet registered on the programme you can still register for a workshop ticket and you will be contacted by our team to check your eligibility. For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01244 512 655. Please also contact us if the event is fully-booked and you’d like to be added to the waitlist.
To be eligible to apply for support from the ERDF-funded Cheshire & Warrington Business Growth Programme you must be:
- Small – your new business must be an SME. An SME has under 250 staff, turnover of £45 million and any ownership by a wider commercial group is below 25%. You may also be a pre-start business.
- Local – your business address (registered or trading) is within the Cheshire East, the Cheshire West and Chester, or the Warrington council areas.
Do I need to bring or prepare anything for the workshop?
All you need to bring is yourself, a pen, notebook and a willingness to learn. We will ask for some details about your business upon registration to the workshop – this will help us in tailoring content to your needs.
Light refreshments (tea, coffee, water, biscuits) will be provided throughout the workshop.
Unfortunately we cannot offer event parking at the Riverside Innovation Centre, however there is paid parking available a short walk away at the Little Roodee car park. If you need a disabled parking space please let us know.