To take part in any of the following support/masterclasses/events you must be signed up to the business growth programme.
SMEs (trading less than 42 months)
We are hosting the following sessions:
- Digital Marketing Master Class – 9th May
- Sales Master Class – 28th September
- HR and Recruitment – 25th April, 25th May, 22nd June, 27th July, 24th August and 20th September
- Funding and Finance – 26th April, 28th June, 5th September and 28th November
- Business Law: Contracts and Legal Advice – 27th April and 21st September
- New Product Development – 10th May and 12th October
- Business Planning – 17th May, 8th June, 6th July, 10th August and 7th September
- Leadership and Management – 17th May, 8th June, 6th July, 10th August and 7th September
- Intellectual Property – 25th May
Entrepreneurs and start-ups
We offer a two day ‘start-up weekend’. The first day will explore how to start a business and develop your value proposition. The second day will help you to develop a Business Model Canvas. The start-up weekends will take place on the following dates:
- 6th & 7th May
- 9th & 10th September
- 9th & 10th December
Are you looking for digital marketing support for your business? Would your business benefit from an improved online presence?
The workshops will be held over three half-day sessions designed to give you both a broad understanding of the world of digital marketing and, most importantly, a series of strategies and tactics to use in marketing your business. These workshops will improve your performance and help you optimise the digital channels available.
Workshop 1: Online brand development, customer segmentation and the tactics needed to communicate with them. Intensive digital marketing skills and techniques development.
Workshop 2: What to do on social media, pay per click, search engine optimisation, website content, e-mail, affiliates and reviews.
Workshop 3: Digital planning, tactics and implementation. How to avoid pitfalls and maximise every penny spent on digital marketing.
Each workshop will include lunch and refreshments.
- 19th April
Due to the interactive nature of the sessions, you will be required to commit and attend all 3 sessions to work through the concepts for your business. You will not benefit sufficiently by attending individual sessions therefore places will be allocated to those businesses which can attend all 3 workshops. Additionally, the numbers are restricted to 10 attendees per session, therefore places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. A reserve list will be made in case of any cancellations.
For further information on the workshops please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our team will work with you to access the expertise and knowledge required to help you grow your business.
- 21st April – Market research part 1
- 24th April – Market research part 2
- 26th April – Starting a business
- 28th April – Business planning
- 3rd May – Sales
- 8th May – Health & safety compliance for your business
- 10th May – Employing people
- 24th May – Raising finance
- 23rd May – Social media part 1
Manchester Metropolitan University
Support for established businesses is delivered in ‘cohorts’ which are made up of five themed expert workshops, and growth groups with your peers, you will gain a thorough understanding of the areas most critical for creating a thriving and growing business.
- Cohort delivery C4 – 11th May – 27th of July 2017
- Cohort delivery C5 – 14th Sep – 16th of Nov 2017
If you are planning to start a business in the Cheshire and Warrington region, we’re here to offer you support every step of the way. Attend one of our pre-start workshops, where you’ll receive practical advice and business tools, followed by 1:1 coaching.
- 16th/17th May 2017
- 22nd/23rd June 2017
- 12th/13th September 2017